JUNOS Certification
Trusted Contributor
Samuel
Accepted Solution

Can we hope new rules for the recertifications?

Hi Juniper Group,

There are more and more Juniper certifications. Good, but are you thinking to change the rules to be recerficated ?

Indeed there are now lots of tracks:  E, ES, ER, M, DX, WX, FWV, IDP, SSL, AC and soon EX.

One of your rival (which has too much certifications) has a good strategy (according to me). To be recerficated, you can pass an other certification of the same level or higher, in the same track or not.

Can we hope that Juniper change his mind, and that for example if we pass the JNCIS-ES we can be recerficated for JNCIS-M and JNCIS-ER ?

Regards,

Samuel 

Trusted Contributor
ac

Re: Can we hope new rules for the recertifications?

Thank you Samuel for your suggestion. I have forwarded this to our certification program manager, and we will keep you posted if there are any updates.

Thanks,

ac

hvk
Contributor
hvk

Hi,

I was wondering if you have any update on this case ....

Contributor
gr33ndata

I also believe that two years is a very short period for a certificate to expire
Gr33n Data
JNCIS-FWV, JNCIA-IDP

@gr33ndata

http://gr33ndata.blogspot.com/
Trusted Contributor
ssl_boy

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have to agree with gr33ndata, I've done the JNCIA-FWV THREE Times now (ok once when it was still netscreen) and I've done the JNCIA-SSL twice..I've got to do it again in the 6 months..I wouldn't mind but the exam questions don't ever change!  I'm certified in 3 products and to quote bomber jocks "It's like trying to take a running **** at a rolling doughnut"..

Regards

Kendal

Message Edited by KendalBeefcake on 08-19-2008 12:07 PM
Juniper Employee

hello, my name is Kevin and I am the JNTCP Program Manager.  Yes there is hope for you all, but for now you'll need to keep your certifications active by recertifying every 2 years for each track.  The details of recertifying are at http://www.juniper.net/training/certification/recertification.html. 

In the near future we will be grouping some certification exams together and forming new certification tracks.  This will cut down on the number of individual certs you need to maintain.  More details on this to come next year.

If you have any further questions, you can email us at certmanager@juniper.net or me at kfreitas@juniper.net.

Thanks,

Kevin Freitas

Contributor
mrpackethead

That will be fantastic. 

I currently have WX, ER, EX, SSL, VPN, IDP, M Series certs.. and honestly doing 7 more exams again is just silly.   They have very littel value to me personally, they are just a requirement for our Elite Partner Levels.  

JNCIA - IDP, WX, EX, UAC
JNCIS - FWV, SSL, ER, M,
( because i have to )
Distinguished Expert
Screenie

My exam institute has a beautifull frontdesk lady. that's why I did FW SSL IDP DX ER EX and ES ...  WX and UAC are upcomming. To maintain this I have to renew a cert every three months. New rules: I can't wait!
best regards,

Screenie.
Juniper Ambassador,
JNCIA IDP AC WX JNCIS FW SSL JNCIP SEC ENT SP JNCI

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.