Automation

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Apstra, Paragon, and all things network automation.
  • 1.  Event Policy - Interface Flapping - Problem with commit

Posted 09-21-2016 23:54

Hi Guys,

at a Customers site we run Event-Policys " snmp_trap_link_down / up".

However if there is a flapping interface, the "down" Event is still committing wihle it changes to "up". This results in a log-Message complaining, that the config is still locked (of course) and the "up"-Script is not executed - so the Port stays down.

Is there a way to tell the switch to "wait till the first commit is finished" and then execute the next Event?

• 2.  RE: Event Policy - Interface Flapping - Problem with commit
    Best Answer

Posted 09-22-2016 23:14
    I think a couple of options are available, you could put checks within the script to see if there is an error and add a loop to try again after a sleep period, or another option would be to use a single script that had the logic to decide if an up change or down change is required and use the jcs: dampen() to limit the number of simultaneous executions and handle accordingly.

I've not tried this myself before but these are the types of approaches that I'd look at.

Not sure if I have time to try this out just yet, but I'd also have a check on the wiki pages and see if this has been discussed before, I think that it may have been already.

Regards,
    Andy