03-17-2011 10:09 AM - edited 08-15-2011 04:27 AM
We’re please to announce the availability of the latest feature release for the Junos Space SDK. Our 11.2 release has a number of new features and enhancements, a few of which are mentioned below. For a comprehensive overview of the release, please see the Release Notes.
Junos Space SDK 11.2 is available for download now by registering here:
Here's a quick overview of what's new and improved:
SDK Features in Release 11.2:
New REST APIs
- Tag Management: This service is used to tag and un- tag the existing objects such as user objects, device object or objects from another application in the Junos Space SDK.
- Software Management: This service allows a northbound application to manage all software packages efficiently. It also allows deployment of packages on different Junos devices from a single location.
- Job Management: This service is used to access information about an individual job or all jobs and also to cancel a job. It returns a progress update for each task.
- Application Management: This service supports a REST model for accessing a set of resources through a fixed set of operations.
- Device Management: A new API is added in the device management service to execute NetConf RPC asynchronously.
- Job Scheduling Framework to support scheduling of jobs in future.
- Framework to consume external and internal REST web services from EJB components and REST web services.
- Framework to use Jersey Client API to consume external and internal REST web services from EJB components and REST web services.
- A new media-type is introduced for secondary collections that refer to respective primary collection.
- Default media type has been changed to XML from JSON.•Support for date header (x-date) is introduced for scheduling job in specific time zone.
Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Vendor ID based registration and vendor specific application URI support added. Now the vendors can send certificate request to Juniper Networks and register themselves, Juniper Networks granted certificate will be used to sign their application image for production Junos Space. (Request your Vendor ID here: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/jun
- Module.xml editor is enhanced to support Junos Space UI framework for task UI configuration using EXT/JS designer generated JS components.
- New feature for adding Java utility project into Junos Space Application. It enables user to write common utility code in a separate project, during build operation utility project is compiled into a jar file and added in EAR package.
- New feature for database migration is provided. It enables a user to add support for database migration of Junos Space Application.
- Application setting editor added which allows configuring and managing application specific settings by using the Junos Space Main UI screen.
- "AppInfo" tags that indicate whether a collection supports sorting, filtering or both introduced in the schemas.
- A new menu option is added, which allow users to upgrade a UI-Only or Server-only application to complete Junos Space application.
- SDK EJB-REST Wizard enhanced to generate a JUNIT test stub code for the REST services being generated, support for DTOs types like enum, interface and abstract class added.
- A new validation framework is added, which performs static analysis and flags an error for REST APIs that do not follow the Juniper standards; users can view/edit the validation rules.•Application database can be specified at the time of deployment.
Ext Designer IDE for UI development for Space Apps:
In addition we’ve added to, as well as restructured, the reference applications:
- The "HelloSpace" reference application demonstrates how to consume an external REST web service from the EJB component.
- The "HelloAgainSpace" reference application is added. This application demonstrates CRUD operations.
- The “HelloWorld” reference application has been revised and has some new features (See the Junos Space Application Developer Guide in the plug-in help for more info)
- The “GoogleMashup” reference application is revised to support Google's GMap version 3.x APIs.
As always, thanks for your participation and continued feedback.
/The Junos Space SDK Team.
07-04-2012 02:20 AM
How can we get started on this?
JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-ENT/SEC, JNCIP-ENT
(CCNA, ACMP, ACFE, CISE)
CONNECT EVERYTHING. EMPOWER EVERYONE.
Share & Learn. Knowledge is Power.
"If there's a will, there's a way!"
07-04-2012 02:22 AM
Go to https://developer.juniper.net/content/jdn/en/devel