Junos Space Developer
Contributor
JV_MTB

Junos Space UI with Sencha GXT?

I am about to start development of a JunoSpace application and am trying to decide on what UI framework I should use for the frontend.

It looks like Juniper has partnered with Sencha to provide Ext JS Designer for Junos Space so this would be one obvious choice.  However my background is Java/GWT rather than JavaScript, which is what Ext JS is based on.

Looking at the Sencha site, they have released Sencha GXT 3, a UI framework based on Java/GWT, see link http://www.sencha.com/products/gxt/

This would seem to be a great fit for me, but first some questions:

1. What specific Junos Space capabilities does ' Ext JS Designer for Junos Space ' provide that GXT and normal Ext JS do not have?

2.  Would there be any issues/problems using Sencha GXT for my Junos Space UI?

3. Anyone else have any experience using Sencha GXT for my Junos Space UI?  If so, how did it go?

4.  Does Juniper have any future plans to support Sencha GXT as a frontend for Junos Space applications akin to what it is doing with Ext JS?

Thanks for yr help!

Super Contributor
vimala.srinivasa

Re: Junos Space UI with Sencha GXT?

Comments inline to your queries.

1. What specific Junos Space capabilities does ' Ext JS Designer for Junos Space ' provide that GXT and normal Ext JS do not have?

we don't have any additional capabilities outside of what is already supported by EXT JS Designer or Architect II.  The only thing we do offer is integration with EXT 3 designer.

2.  Would there be any issues/problems using Sencha GXT for my Junos Space UI?

Don't know anything about Sencha GXT, but I don't suspect there would be a problem.  We tried some screens with HTML 5, and they seemed to work.

we are not restricting to any particular framework, but we do provide direct integration with Ext 3 only, through module.xml mechanism.

We also support direct HTML, so anything that works with HTML or Javascript will work with our UI framework.

3. Anyone else have any experience using Sencha GXT for my Junos Space UI?  If so, how did it go?

Nobody has any experience with GXT

4.  Does Juniper have any future plans to support Sencha GXT as a frontend for Junos Space applications akin to what it is doing with Ext JS?

We don't have any plans to support GXT.  We are moving in the direction of supporting Ext 4 + Sencha Architect.

Regards,

Vimala.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.