Junos Space Developer
Contributor
satish.mane@techmahindra.com

Re: Kernel Panic error while shutting down JSVA

When I say sometime in the middle, I meant that we are coding in local Eclipse. Now when we want to deploy app, then we find Kernel is crashed. This does not happen  every hour. Since today morning, kernel crashed once. Kernel cashes after JSVA is up and running for 4-5 hours.

We do wait for mainui screen to come up.

We do not touch jboss at all. We shutdown JSVA gracfully and then restart. Jboss and mysql are automatically started when JSVA starts.

Recognized Expert
Yesh

HI Satish,
I was able to reproduce the issue with different steps but my crash trace matches yours. I have found a solution for the crash which is working in my environment, please try and let me know.Which is your processor and RAM?  
I reproduced the issue as below, 1.      Started JSVA

2.      Waited for  MainUI to show up

3.      Restarted Jboss

4.      Tried App installation from Eclipse before Jboss loaded all the components

5.     It goes to kernel panic mode

Solution: 

Open the file /boot/grub/menu.lst and modify kernel boot parameters as below. Here I am disable SMP and APIC since you are using single CPU which seems to be causing the issue. 

kernel  /vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.el5  ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 nosmp noapic

Reboot the system. Please work as usual and let me know how it goes.
Regards

Yesh

Contributor
satish.mane@techmahindra.com

Thanks Yesh. I have made the change as you suggested. Now we will monitor for next 2-3 days and will let you know.

Regards

Satish

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.