Junos Space Developer
tia
Contributor
tia
Accepted Solution

Refresh output after configuration change

Hi,

I have a bug in Junos Space. When I edit configuration of a device through SSH and then go to Network Application Platform->Devices->Manage Devices->Actions->Edit Device Configuration I can't see the change. It works fine in other way (configuration through platform, change verification using SSH). JunosSpace resynchronize with device after configuration change as designed (25 seconds after commit). Also, when I open in other browser Edit Device Configuration he can see change but when I change something, again using CLI, both browsers don't see the new change. I have tried in IE, Mozzila and Chrome. 

Can you tell me please is this a known bug and if there is any way of fixing this?

KB,

Tia

Super Contributor
vimala.srinivasa

Re: Refresh output after configuration change

Hi Tia,

I just tested it and it works fine for me.  I have a few questions for you. 

1) Can you please let me know after you edited the configuration did you click on "Deploy Now", did the task "Succeed" . 

2) What is configuration which you are trying to modify from the UI to device ? 

Regards,

Vimala.

tia
Contributor
tia

Hi Vimala,

1) Maybe I wasn't clear. The problem does not occur when I edit configuration from JunosSpace, because that works fine. The problem is occurring when commit the change on the device using CLI, and JunosSpace in hisEdit Device Configuration after that doesn't display the entered change from CLI.

2) I was just adding basic interface information.

Regards,

Tia

Super Contributor
vimala.srinivasa

Hi Tia,

I checked the same scenario, it works fine for me. 

After you changed the config on the device and when committed did you see the device going "Out of Sync" in the UI and after a few seconds it will resync wait until then and verify the configuration.  For example if you have assigned an IPAddress for the interface then you can look at the hireachy of   Interfaces -> unit -> Family -> Address -> Name

If the issue still persists send me the server.log and provide me the interface name. 

Regards,

vimala.

Super Contributor
vimala.srinivasa

Hi Tia,

One more thing is that, if you are on the same "Edit configuration" window the configuration is not refreshed and saved you need to cancel the window and perform the configuration on the device and then view the configuration. 

This is a known bug we will get it fixed. 

Regards,

vimala.

tia
Contributor
tia

Ok, thank you very much!

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.