Junos
Contributor
mellowd

Re: BGP IPv4 and IPv6 monitoring

Hi jtb.

I would indeed like to see total paths received and total active paths. jnxBgpM2  does have peer counters, but as you mentioned you only get peer counters, not a total. It's frustrating that JUNOS won't give you total counters for both. 

I can't post those outputs as I have over 320 peers on this router so I get a very long result.

Is there a way to somehow then extract the peer counters, add them together and get that into Cacti?

Trusted Expert
Trusted Expert
jtb

hi,

I can't help you with Cacti configuration but it's possible to get all peer counters, post-process it and show the totals - all in Cacti. I'm afraid handling SNMP table indexes will be the most complex part of the task.

And keep in mind BGP tables ! = RIB (routes accepted but not active/etc).

If you want  to check just the number of IPv4/IPv6 prefixes in net.0/inet6.0, take a look at OIDs ipCidrRouteNumber.0 and ipv6RouteNumber.0 - test with show snmp mib get  XXX.

jtb

Contributor
dclarkjr1122

JTB: Thanks, I totoally missed the link that pointed out the OIDs. I have added them to our collector. I have to add the pollers via OID - thus I try to ignore just looking for the MIB and focus on the definitions.

Thanks agian,

Contributor
mellowd

Not been able to test this out, work is real busy.

I'll get back to you and let you know how things went

Contributor
Gaurav Jhawar

Dear JTB and all,

Sorry to divert the topic, would you share me the good doc to understand output of the sh snmp mib walk _____ .

regards

Gaurav Jhawar

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.