Junos
Contributor
Arzo

CSTM1 E1`s Configuration

good day all, how can i configure 22 E1 coming to my CSTM1 interface to act as one logical interface, in cisco i saw the interface multilink command, can you please help me to do that in juniper !!
Tariq Morad
Contributor
Shiv

Re: CSTM1 E1`s Configuration

In Juniper, we have multilink PPP oe multilink FR....Please find the configuration examples here:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos90/swconfig-services/examples-configuring-multil...

I think there is a limit of 8 interfaces that can be bundled per multilink (not sure about the number).  Please check.

Cheers...!

Contributor
Arzo

Dear Shiv,

i'm in the middle on the installation now, as you said there is limitation on number of the interfaces i can add to the MLPPP !! i have 21E1 i need to add, how can i solve this problem, please anyone help. 

Tariq Morad
Regular Visitor
Osama

Hi,

You need to configure MLPPP but it is only limited to 8 E1s per bundle and you must have Adaptive Services PIC to acheive this, configure layer 2 services under chassis configuration then you will have lsq interface in the Adapative Services. For your 22 E1s you need to configure 3 bundles "isq interfaces" and adjust the routing protocols cost to be the same for all the isq interfaces and configure load balancing policy.

Osama  

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.