Junos OS

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  [EX2200-C] lldpd-service and web-management subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

Posted 09-30-2015 04:26

Hello everybody, I'm configuring an EX2200-C with firmware 15.1 but i'm facing a strange problem.

Both the LLDP service and the web management interface don't start: if I "restart" the processes, the system replies with:

lldpd-service subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

web-management subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

My configuration has the following statements:

protocols {
         lldp {
            interface all;
        }
        lldp-med {
            interface all;
        }
    }

system {
        services {
             web-management {
                https {
                    system-generated-certificate;
                }
            }

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alessandro

• 2.  RE: [EX2200-C] lldpd-service and web-management subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

Posted 09-30-2015 05:19

Can you remove them, commit and then add them again?

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 3.  RE: [EX2200-C] lldpd-service and web-management subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

Posted 09-30-2015 10:35

Hello parau, I did it for the lldp protocol but it didn't work.

• 4.  RE: [EX2200-C] lldpd-service and web-management subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

Posted 10-01-2015 01:03

Any logs recorded about LLDP? Are there any core-dumps? Do you see lldpd on "show system processes extensive?

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 5.  RE: [EX2200-C] lldpd-service and web-management subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

Posted 10-01-2015 02:07

Hello parau, I found no logs about lldp nor core dumps.

I chose to

request system zeroize

and, after running ezsetup and rebuilding the configuration, everything started working again.

Thank you for your help,

Alessandro

• 6.  RE: [EX2200-C] lldpd-service and web-management subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

Posted 06-20-2017 21:10

Hi,

We also had the same problem and have fixed by resetting to factory defaults and running ezsetup. We've deleted and re-setted most parts of the config before resetting to factory defaults but we couldn't enable the lldp service by those actions.

• 7.  RE: [EX2200-C] lldpd-service and web-management subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

Posted 08-05-2020 08:40

Hello,

I had the same issue today with version 15.1R3

You may be facing this bug :

https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1222504

On EX Series or QFX Series switches, if the switch is power cycled, then some processes (such as jdhcp, lacp, and lldpd) might stop working after the switch reboots.

Resolved In Release junos
    16.1R4-S3 x
    17.1R2 x
    17.2R1 x
    16.1R3-S4 x
    16.2R2 x
    15.1R6 x
    16.1R5 x
    15.1X53-D65 x
    15.1X53-D231 x

Workaround
    First disable the DHCP/LACP/LLDP config which does not work

Then on shell:

# cd /var/run/db
    # rm schema.db.cache
    # mgd -I
    # ps -auxw | grep mgd
    # kill -9 "pid of mgd -N" <------- "Restart mgd -N". After this step only "mgd -N" will pick the new schema.db and now when we start new cli, "mgd -N" will fork service mgd with new schema.db
    Now enter the cli and enable DHCP/LACP/LLDP config and commit | display detail