Junos
Visitor
jcabanes

How to specify another Routing Instance for a special destination like in ScreeOS ?

[ Edited ]

Hi all

i just open that post because i wonder how to make a static route with a routing instance as destination. Ie, for a special route, i want to route towards another routing instance. How to do it  like in screenOS ?

i have two routing instances, each having a default route towards an ISP. in some cases, i need to have a route towards the other routing instance. How to do it ? i rade the several topics and docs, but it's not mentionned clearly how to go in another routing instance from a particular one for a special destination.

I stay available for any other information.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards

Distinguished Expert
firewall72

Re: How to specify another Routing Instance for a special destination like in ScreeOS ?

Hi,

I believe this has what your looking for.  This was posted by SSHSSH in the Config Library.

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Configuration-Library/Source-Based-Routing-On-Junos-Platforms/m-p/58798...

-John

John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNSS-Firewall

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution". Kudos are appreciated.
Visitor
jcabanes

Re: How to specify another Routing Instance for a special destination like in ScreeOS ?

[ Edited ]

Hello John,

thanks for the link, but is it the only way to mention "go to another routing instance depending on the destination adress" ? i do not want to use source routing or other kind. I just want to specify, depending on the destination, the destination routing instance if i need to go into a particular.

by writing "set routing-options rib-groups all-ribs import rib [ inet.0 RedirectSubnet10.inet.0 ]" i understand that we import in the rib-group "all-ribs":

- the routing table of the routing instance named "RedirectSubnet10" wich is for forwarding only

- the inet.0 routing table wich contains the connected interfaces routes. Do i understand correctly ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards

Jerome

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.