Junos OS

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Meaning of the log message

Posted 12-07-2016 23:30

Hello all,

A log of my EX4600 virtual chassis filled with messages :

Dec  7 12:47:49  DC1-G-core rshd[77879]: root@re1 as root: cmd='/sbin/sysctl net.inet.ip_control_plane'
    Dec  7 12:48:04  DC1-G-core rshd[77882]: root@re1 as root: cmd='/sbin/sysctl net.inet.ip_control_plane'
    Dec  7 12:48:19  DC1-G-core rshd[77885]: root@re1 as root: cmd='/sbin/sysctl net.inet.ip_control_plane'
    Dec  7 12:48:34  DC1-G-core rshd[77888]: root@re1 as root: cmd='/sbin/sysctl net.inet.ip_control_plane'

What does it mean?

• 2.  RE: Meaning of the log message
    Best Answer

Posted 12-08-2016 02:03

I blve you are hitting this PR  https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR724119&smlogin=true

WORKAROUND:

There are 2 available workarounds for not seeing these messages: using a higher severity setting (either the default JUNOS configuration of "notice" or "info") or using 'match "!....' syntax to drop specific messages:

<...........>
    syslog {
        user * {
            any emergency;
        }
        file messages {
            any notice;
            authorization info;
        }
        file auth-logs {
            authorization any;
    	match "!(.*cmd='/sbin/sysctl net.inet.ip_control_plane')"
        }
    }
    <...........>

In the modified configuration above the "root: cmd='/sbin/sysctl net.inet.ip_control_plane'" will not be sent to the messages file because of the "authorization info" statement and will not appear in the auth-logs because of the 'match "!....' statement.

• 3.  RE: Meaning of the log message

Posted 12-08-2016 04:39

Thank you

I included in the configuration

set chassis redundancy graceful-switchover

And messages don't appear in the logs