Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

NFX250-JDM Hugepages JUNOS Command

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We have a NFX250-LS1, and we have already deploy a vSRX inside this device, but we have a issue.

One of first things we did after put root password to our JDM in  NFX250 ,was set this command "set system memory hugepages page-size X page-count Y", we know that the X param could be 2 or 1024, but we don't know which are the posible values for Y.

We have tried some values an what we could note is that when the value is lower for example 8, the VNF "runs" quickly , we do not know what implications has that parameter , so we would like to know more detail about this

We have looked for examples but we did not find anything.

Here is more info https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/hugepage-allocation-nfx....

Thanks and hope you can help us. 

Visitor
0 Kudos

Re: NFX250-JDM Hugepages JUNOS Command

Anyone Smiley Sad

Recognized Expert Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

The page count is the memory-dependent.

For eg; if the device has 16GB of memory , system will need atleast 7-8 GB of memory..

So you reservce 8 GB for a 16GB system by aving the page-size as 1024 and page count as 8.

So you will need to do the math according to the system memory which you can check using the command;

show system visibility memory

HTH

-Shailesh

Shailesh
[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Highlighted
Visitor
0 Kudos

This is what i need, thanks for your help.