Junos
Contributor
ralwarrag

Object tracking in RPM

Hi all

is there any feature like "Cisco IP SLA" that it can be done through the RPM to track an object "ICMP , route or interface "

and to do some routing decision base on that

AFAIK we can do the same by using script but is there is new feature added to the new JUNOS versions

BR ,,,
Trusted Contributor
Gniewko

Re: Object tracking in RPM

Hey,

Probably not what you are asking for, but BFD or generate route can also help installing/removing routes more dynamically.

Definitely not a complete "IP SLA" solution but rather additional tools which might achieve at least some of your goals.

Thanks. 

Contributor
ralwarrag

Thanks , but if the devices that I am tracking is not BFD aware  like servers

BR ,,,
Trusted Contributor
Gniewko

Hey,

Event scripts? :\

Would you please describe exactly (example would be great) of what you really wanna do?

Thanks,

Contributor
ralwarrag

There is no scenario exactly in my mind I am just trying to know if there is any option in the new JUNOS release to get rid of the event script if I want to do such a setup :smileyindifferent: 

BR ,,,
Visitor
cpopescu@iristel.ro

Hello,

I have this problem, too. I have multi homing config, with one ISP that recently has some problems from their provider. So time to time I have packet loss. My boss didn't agree scripts on Juniper. So I was wandering that track IP (set services ip-monitoring) is implement on M7i?  My purpose is to track some external ip and take some routing decision.

Problem is that we are migrate from Cisco to Juniper, and now we don't have this option.:smileysad: My boss expect that Juniper has some options on this routers that has bought, like Cisco does.

Have a nice day,

Catalin

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.