Junos
Visitor
BK11

Problem installing software upgrade package

I am trying to upgrade a J6350 router from JUNOS version 9.1R1.8 to version 9.2R1.10.  Both are Export edition, Enhanced Services version.  When I try to upload the .tgz file using the J-web interface, it does nothing, just hangs.  Has anyone had this problem?  What am I missing?

Contributor
yurtesen

Re: Problem installing software upgrade package

Not an exact answer to your question but I did upgrade by uploading the file into a web server then retrieve it without problems.

About uploading the file directly using jweb, did you check /cf/var/jail/tmp if the file appears? (I might be wrong and this might not be where it is stored temporarily :smileyhappy: ) and also /var/log to see if there are any log messages logged? You can also download the logs from j-web from manage->files...

Visitor
BK11

Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes, I did check the /var/tmp and the file does not appear.

The J-web interface is very slow responding, so I wonder if that has something to do with why the file will not upload? 

Has anyone had problems with the J-web interface being very slow?  Any solutions for this?

Contributor
yurtesen

maybe stating the obvious but did you check the router cpu load and made sure that there are no network problems causing the slowness?
Distinguished Expert
rkim

There is an issue with J-Web being slow in 9.1R1. This is resolved in 9.1R2 as well as 9.2R1. I would highly recommend using CLI to perform the upgrade. Also be sure you have minimum 512MB compact flash if using J-Web for upgrade as J-web method requires more flash space than CLI method typically would.

-Richard

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.