Junos OS

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Reselling Bandwidth

Posted 06-29-2015 02:48

Hi all, new to all of this Junos stuff and by no means a networking expert so please be patient...

We have a 100mb fiber into our building and want to resell some of it to nearby companies.

We are using a Juniper SRX210 to manage our firewalls etc...

My question is how can I configure the SRX such that all trafic for another company is routed throug a specific port with limited bandwadth?

Please please can we only discuss doing this via the UI? I do not want CLI commands!

I have raised this via my J-Care support but they are NOT helping at all and I will be cancelling that so if anyone out there can let me know which configuration steps are required.

I am guessing

1, create a filter (policer) where in the UI is this done?

2, set up a VLAN

Does that sound right?

Alternatively, is there a company that I can pay to come in and help us set this beast up properly?

Many thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Reselling Bandwidth
    Best Answer

Posted 06-29-2015 05:46

Hello ,

First of all ,  the SRx Web GUI is not so impresive to configure since its CLI based and you will find it hard to find  KBs based on Web GUI .

Secondly coming back to our issue  :

> My question is how can I configure the SRX such that all trafic for another company is routed throug a specific port with limited bandwadth?

So here you means to say that your neighbouring coumpany uses different port in SRX to the internet ? or are we and the neighbour using the same physical link .

If we are using different physiacl port , then its easy to achive . You just need to creat a firewall filter in the SRX , Apply that on the incoming interface of LAN traffic from neighbour , forward them to a virtual router where we have the extrenal port for the neighbour .

This doc will help you : http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17223

Now if we both are using the same link with limited bandwidth , then we need to apply policer  ( CoS ) and forward it using bandwidhth limiter :

This doc will help you on this : http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB28161&actp=RSS

• 3.  RE: Reselling Bandwidth

Posted 06-29-2015 05:59

You have the procedure basically correct.  You will dedicate a port to your client and apply a policier to that port to limit their bandwidth usage to the agreed level.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/topics/task/configuration/firewall-filter-ex-series-policer-cli.html

You will need to assign them a security zone and create a policy to permit traffic from their zone out to your untrust link.

Should they be using RF1918 addressing you would also need to create a nat policy for them as well.  Here you may want to assign them a different nat address than your own traffic if you have one available so that the traffic can be distinguished if needed.  But this is not required.

• 4.  RE: Reselling Bandwidth

Posted 06-30-2015 07:24

Many thanks for the reply we have now managed to set it up as desired.

Unfortunately I am unable to accept both answers which is a bit odd as you both helped.

• 5.  RE: Reselling Bandwidth

Posted 06-30-2015 08:23

Hello ,

Thanks for the update and glad that it helped to accomplish what you needed .