Junos OS

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Scheduler map - set interface bandwith

Posted 01-28-2010 14:22

Hi,

When configuring scheduler maps I can specify the share of each queue in percent related to the total bandwith. But this is related to the interface bandwith. But if for instance a DSL modem connected to a 4 MBit line is connected through a fast ethernet interface, 100% should be set to 4 MBit and not 100 MBit.

Under ScreenOS, I could specify an interface bandwith for such purpose. Can I do similar thing on JUNOS?

Regards,

Dominik

• 2.  RE: Scheduler map - set interface bandwith
    Best Answer

Posted 01-29-2010 12:45

@Dominik wrote:

When configuring scheduler maps I can specify the share of each queue in percent related to the total bandwith. But this is related to the interface bandwith. But if for instance a DSL modem connected to a 4 MBit line is connected through a fast ethernet interface, 100% should be set to 4 MBit and not 100 MBit.

Why not just configure your scheduler map to use a fixed-rate as opposed to a percentage.  For example:

set class-of-service schedulers DSL transmit-rate 4m

Or if you're pressed to use a percentage, just do some simple math and find out what that percent would be on the FE interface:

set class-of-service schedulers DSL transmit-rate percent 4

• 3.  RE: Scheduler map - set interface bandwith

Posted 01-29-2010 16:14

Hi,

using absolut values is the way I do it now. But it would be more handy to use the percent values. But I can live with doing the math if I can't change the reference bandwith.

Kind regards,

Dominik