Junos OS

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Static IP's

Posted 07-15-2015 03:54

Hello again...

I will raise this as a case but as they seem to get ignored I though I would post here also as I get faster responses!

We have managed to route traffic for a specifc IP address through a specific port and that all works OK.

However, when traffic goes out from that port it shows as our SRX's IP address.

This is not ideal as the port is being used for reselling bandwidth and we dont want our IP blacklisted if they start doing something naughty!

Can any one suggest how we can make it so that their outbound traffic shows their assigned IP address?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Static IP's
    Best Answer

Posted 07-15-2015 04:01

Hello ,

So as per the update i assume that you are doing an interface based source NAT for outbound traffic  . Instead you can use pool based source NAT  with the assigned IP in the pool and do a souce NAT pool based .

This will solve the problem .

• 3.  RE: Static IP's

Posted 07-15-2015 04:22

@joses wrote:

Hello ,

So as per the update i assume that you are doing an interface based source NAT for outbound traffic  . Instead you can use pool based source NAT  with the assigned IP in the pool and do a souce NAT pool based .

This will solve the problem .

Hello again Sam.

We tried the pool based solution but it did not seem to work.

Will have another look and see if we can spot where we went wrong.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Static IP's

Posted 07-15-2015 04:38

Hello ,

if you can give a brief topology and network setup , and what need to be achived in detail . I can help you since the issue seems to be simple . Just need to understand the correct setup thats all .

If you can attach the configuration and what need to be achived , that also will help .

• 5.  RE: Static IP's

Posted 07-15-2015 05:06

Thanks all, it was an error in our config.

The zone was in two source nat rules so it used the first (incorrect) rule.

All working now.

• 6.  RE: Static IP's

Posted 07-15-2015 05:12

Hello ,

Glad it worked . Thanks for the update .

• 7.  RE: Static IP's

Posted 07-15-2015 04:02

Hi Wldg,

You can always NAT the ip if you have a device in front.

Or you could use a proxy device for the same.

-Shailesh

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
    If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]