02-16-2012 12:05 AM
I tried configure VPLS with two sites. One of them is multihoming.
I tested some different configuration then multihomed site connected to one PE and multihomed site connected to two PEs ( see attach).
I have some question:
1) Switching between links on multihoming site is ~ 0.5 second. It is bad =( Can i improve this time?
2) Recovery time from backup link to primary link or from backup site-1 to primary site-1 is 30 second =( How i can decrease it time?
3) Anybody use multihoming VPLS in production?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-16-2012 04:50 AM
In that case things that come to my mind:
- the same Site-ID for instances connected to the same multihomed site;
- unique RD for all PEs involved;
- if L3 IRB interface is configured inside the instance, "connectivity-type ce" should be set;
- Verify the STP (MSTP/RSTP) situation between CEs and PEs - here's brief explanation: http://data.proidea.org.pl/plnog/5edycja/materialy
02-16-2012 07:13 AM
1) Site-id is same.
2) Unique RD on all Sites
3) No IRB
4) Cool link, tnx. But nothing changed
If i used VSTP and setup minimal timers for VSTP/RSTP switching between multihomed site is 6 second.
If i totaly disabled VSTP - 120 second.
If i connected multihoming l2-domain to ONE PE and configure "active-interface any" the repairing time is 0,6 second
For my configuration i use that manual http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/in
02-20-2012 02:16 AM
Resolve my problem with tunning spanning-tree:
1) Configuring ports on cisco switch to p2p (By default it is "Shr" state)
spanning-tree link-mode point-to-point
2) Configuring minimal "forward time". 4 sec
After 1) and 2) steps i had subsecond recovery time.