Junos OS

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Visio Stencils

Posted 03-29-2015 03:51
      |   view attached

Do you knwo where I can find juniper product visio stencil? The official stencil from juniper are only for physical  devices, more of the type you use for a rack diagram. I need something better suited for logical or design diagrams, similar to the attached. Juniper uses the a lot but could not find the stencils. 

• 2.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 03-29-2015 22:18

Have a look over here.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/icons-stencils/

Hope this helps

• 3.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 03-30-2015 00:50
    Marc, thank you for your response, but this is not what I need. The link points to the rack-style physical device stencils, but not to the logical shapes used everywhere in juniper documentation. Please see example in the file attached to the post.

• 4.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 04-02-2015 13:58

Can anyone help? Come on guys, how do you do your network diagrams? 

• 5.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 04-02-2015 15:21

I just use the default icons from Visio - there's nothing particularly special about the stencils that Juniper uses.  

• 6.  RE: Visio Stencils
    Best Answer

Posted 04-03-2015 14:49

You can see this discussion on the icons back in 2008.  Basically Juniper does not own this library of icons but only licensed it for their own internal usage.

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Community-Feedback-and-Direction/How-Juniper-s-Partner-can-get-Icon-library/m-p/5208/highlight/true#M43

• 7.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 04-03-2015 15:09

What is so special about these stencils that makes people have to have them? Just curious. 

• 8.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 04-06-2015 08:59

@evt wrote:

What is so special about these stencils that makes people have to have them? Just curious. 

Thank you for you response. I still hope that someone has crated similar stencils and woul like to share them.

As for why people whant to have them, I personally think that they look better, but another reson is, since you are used to see them all the time in Juniper documentiaton, you kind of associate Juniper devcies with them. Similar to the cisco round router stencil everyone konws and thinks of Cisco router when they see it. And better to use them to distinguish Juniper from other devices in a mixed vendor environment. 

I also personally like that they are are just simple rectangular 2D shapes and makes digarms more simetric. 

• 9.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 04-07-2015 07:50

Hi,

I usually work with this palette...

juniper.pallete.icons.PNG

• 10.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 04-27-2015 23:53
    Where can you get this pallete?

• 11.  RE: Visio Stencils

Posted 06-09-2015 08:14

I would also be interested in these 2d stencils if you could provide a link to them.

Thank you,

-Matt