Junos OS

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Weired SRX3600 issue, configuration lost

Posted 04-13-2015 02:24
      |   view attached

Our company have an SRX3600 firewall, today it suffers a terrible breakdown.

After we login the firewall with a serial port ,we found the configuration is gone. Only an address config we recently add remained, all other portions of configuration is missing.

Thanks to god that the backup config on harddisk  still existed. After we rollback to the previously config, the system recovered.

But what make us confused is that why the configuration lost? Is this a system bug or else.

Our moudlue is SRX3600 we use two of this type for clustering. The system version is "JUNOS Software Release [12.1X44-D40.2]".

And the syslog during that time is uploaded in the attach.

Could anybody help me to find out the reason, thanks.

Attachment(s)

txt
    log-send-to-juniper.txt   18 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Weired SRX3600 issue, configuration lost

Posted 04-13-2015 03:45

Hi,

I have not heard of a bug that can cause this, as the logs show, the config disappeared after the commit. Better said after

the commit the system started removing the running config from the device.

how did the last changes beeing added to the device ? The simplest thing is that some one did a load override with the new config changes instead of a load merge.

Just my 2 cents

• 3.  RE: Weired SRX3600 issue, configuration lost

Posted 04-13-2015 08:24

seems like user wangyuhua deleted configuration 🙂

what about show log interactive-commands ?

show system commit ?

show configuration | compare rollback <> ?

• 4.  RE: Weired SRX3600 issue, configuration lost

Posted 04-13-2015 17:41

Thanks a lot.

Could you tell me what is the command of  "load override". I need to train our staff to avoid such things happen again.

• 5.  RE: Weired SRX3600 issue, configuration lost
    Best Answer

Posted 04-13-2015 21:27

Hi,

URL gives more information about configuration loading.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.3/topics/task/configuration/junos-software-configuration-file-loading.html

About Load override:

To replace an entire configuration, specify the override option at any level of the hierarchy. A load override operation completely replaces the current candidate configuration with the file you are loading. Thus, if you saved a complete configuration, use this option.

An override operation discards the current candidate configuration and loads the configuration in filename or the configuration that you type at the terminal. When you use the override option and commit the configuration, all system processes reparse the configuration. For an example, see Examples: Loading a Configuration from a File.

Hope this give you some hands.

• 6.  RE: Weired SRX3600 issue, configuration lost

Posted 04-15-2015 14:02

Do you need some more help on this topic ?