Junos OS

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  What happened to JunOS 12.2?

Posted 08-28-2012 08:57

I've tried searching for a KB or previous post about this but I haven't found anything, so out of curiosity: Where did Junos 12.2 go? I thought the release scheme was (atleast somewhat...) since a while back aligned to <year>.<quarter> but I've noticed that 12.2 has not been released. Any info on this, has the release scheme been changed?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: What happened to JunOS 12.2?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-28-2012 09:28

Yes, we did change the release strategy. We now do 3 releases a year, and the last release of the year remains the EEOL (Extended End Of Life)

12.2 has deployed on 1 platform (QFX) and is forthcoming for others. One other change is that not all platforms will release with a given version - there will be more on that topic posted later.  The EEOL release will support all platforms however. 

We are making these changes to better balance feature velocity against code quality and to allow platforms (EX, SRX, MX, etc) more flexibility in their planning and resource commitments. 

The new download pages on Juniper.net are platform and release specfic and we make extensive use of the alerts on the right side of those pages to notify of exceptions and warnings.

HTH,

-Keith