Junos OS

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Why getting "mgd: error: configuration check-out failed Validation failed"?

Posted 12-22-2009 13:16

Why I was getting "mgd: error: configuration check-out failed, Validation failed" when tryiong to upgrade J2320 from 8.5R4.3 to 9.6R2.11?

I have load the factory-default config to J-2320 but still getting the same error, what minimum config I need for J-2320?

Would 9.6R2.11 support VPLS?

• 2.  RE: Why getting "mgd: error: configuration check-out failed Validation failed"?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-23-2009 04:33

Hello there,

JUNOS upgrade is officially supported across 3 or less major versions at a time.

Therefore to go from 8.5 to 9.6 you formally need to upgrade first to 9.2 maximum , then to 9.5 and then to 9.6.

But if you could afford factory-defaulting this box , I would say do not worry, go straight to 9.6 and use "no-validate" knob.

The worst thing you could experience is that the box becomes "Amnesiac" and you have to configure it from scratch - which is not very different from factory-default config.

That being said, I assume you upgrade from JUNOS-ES 8.5 to JUNOS-ES 9.6. The latest Legacy-Services-JUNOS for J-series is 9.3R4.

And VPLS is supported on J-series platform with JUNOS 9.6 with restrictions, please have a look here

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security96/junos-security-swconfig-interfaces-and-routing/vpls-exceptions-jseries-section.html#vpls-exceptions-jseries-section

Good luck!

Rgds

Alex