04-26-2011 12:56 AM
start from the basic knowledge of Juniper.
what is Chassis (make it easy to understand,please) ?
and what is Virtual Chassis used for ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-26-2011 01:00 AM
hey, i found this link.
should be more clear if you guy explain to make it easy.
05-04-2011 04:37 AM
in its simpliest form, a virtual chassis is two or more (depening of if your talking about firewalls or switches) devices that are connected togeather and act as one logical unit.
If you're familar with Cisco its similar to a stack of switches.
05-04-2011 03:33 PM
Virtual Chassis is a method to make individual switches behave as if they are blades in a chassis switch matrix. The group of switches in the chassis join together into a single device (up to ten switches). They are considered a single device and you configure all of them as if they were one large switch.
- The chassis fabric is created by cabling them together in a loop using the back side ports or specially configuring the uplink ports if you want them farther apart.
- This fabric allows all ports in all switches to directly connect traffic without any other connections or trunking between members
- Only one switch of the group runs the master routing engine.
- A second switch in the group is a hot standby for the routing functions in case the first one fails.
- All other switches are line card ports for use.
See these pages for a longer description of the components and configuration.
Senior IP Engineer - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA
JNCIA-ER JNCIA-EX JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC JNCSP-SEC
JNCDA JNCDS-DC JNCDS-SEC
ACE PanOS 6