Junos OS

last person joined: 5 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  junos on SSG M

Posted 02-25-2011 15:11

Hi,

I want to test Junos on SSG M plateform.

Local SE told me that we can do a live USB key boot (without acquiring change kit) but I don't find information about that.

Dou you know if there a guide for this configuration ?

Regards,

• 2.  RE: junos on SSG M

Posted 02-26-2011 03:20

SSG is screenos based, junos is not supported on it ... to my knowledge 🙂

@pierrot wrote:

Hi,

I want to test Junos on SSG M plateform.

Local SE told me that we can do a live USB key boot (without acquiring change kit) but I don't find information about that.

Dou you know if there a guide for this configuration ?

Regards,

• 3.  RE: junos on SSG M

Posted 02-26-2011 04:52

All SSG (M) are able to run JunOS. I have not had the opportunity to do it yet, but the M signifies hardware that is able to run JunOS.

• 4.  RE: junos on SSG M
    Best Answer

Posted 02-26-2011 08:35

Right - the SSG-*M devices are essentially J-series platforms. http://kb.juniper.net/IKB14032 has details

Our Migration Guide - http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security10.4/junos-jseries-migration-guide/junos-jseries-migration-guide.pdf contains details on migrating using a USB source.

I think there's a bit of a catch-22 to boot from USB - I believe you must first prepare the image...using Junos. So if you have another Junos device, maybe you can do it that way. Note that to obtain the Junos download role you have to show that you own a Junos device (which buying the conversion kit - see below - provides)

Google or KB search on "Migrating to JUNOS Software with Enhanced Services on a Trial Basis" for instructions on how to do it using our conversion kit (the trick is...it comes with Junos on a USB already properly formatted...)

-Keith

• 5.  RE: junos on SSG M

Posted 02-28-2011 01:11

Thanks KB_Fan,

I'll try this on USB key 😉