Junos OS

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  lt-0/0/0 on j-series, ex, srx branch?

Posted 03-29-2011 01:54

Hello!

Is there something like interface lt-0/0/0 on j-series, ex, or srx branch devices to interconnect two routing-instances. As you don't have logical-systems on these devices.

I see lt on j-series, but it has other purpose. Smiley Indifferent

lt:

Interface used to provide class-of-service (CoS) support for real-time performance monitoring (RPM) probe packets.

Within a J Series device, packets are routed to this internal interface for services. The lt interface is an internal interface only and is not associated with a physical medium or PIM. You must configure the interface for it to perform CoS for RPM services.

Note: The lt interface on the M Series and T Series routing platforms supports configuration of logical devices—the capability to partition a single physical device into multiple logical devices that perform independent routing tasks. However, the lt interface on the J Series device does not support logical devices.

Regards

• 2.  RE: lt-0/0/0 on j-series, ex, srx branch?

Posted 03-30-2011 00:08

I don't believe there is an equivalent on j-series, ex, or srx branch.  If you have ports to spare, you could always use the external cable method.

• 3.  RE: lt-0/0/0 on j-series, ex, srx branch?

Posted 03-30-2011 00:14

Later I found this:

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/SRX-Services-Gateway/SRX-both-flow-and-packet-mode/td-p/49140

ehomo's example is using lt interface and he is writing about branch srx. But I didn't tested it.

• 4.  RE: lt-0/0/0 on j-series, ex, srx branch?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-05-2011 02:20
    lt interfaces are supported on both j-series and SRX branch, but not on EX