Junos
Contributor
sirius

quick way to script?

Hi Guys,

Some help appreciated here, this is beginning to drive me nuts and I can see myself making mistakes.

I am setting up VLAN's and adding the ports (one by one, as I don't see a quick way) to the VLAN's.

I currently use the following procedure:

command>:

root@# edit interfaces ge-0/0/12 unit 0 family ethernet-switching  [enter]

gives me this result:

[edit interfaces ge-0/0/12 unit 0 family ethernet-switching]
root@#

OK, so now I am in edit mode and want to add the interface to the VLAN so I give the following command:

set port-mode access vlan members blah

then I'm back to the prompt: 

[edit interfaces ge-0/0/12 unit 0 family ethernet-switching]
root@#

Now... if I want to also add ge-0/0/13, 14, 15, 16, 17, ...etc to VLAN members "blah" I go through the whole process again changing the values.

Is there some shortcut that I am missing? I've been through the "cookbook" and don't see anything to suggest what I need, I just want to add several ports to one VLAN with one command and not have to do it individually.

Please help! Thanks a lot,

Sirius.

Lifes too short
Super Contributor
AntonD

Re: quick way to script?

If each interface configuration is identical an easier way might be to do the copy the interface configuration.

[edit interfaces] adelport@junction# copy ge-0/0/12 to ge-0/0/13

This is still not a range command but is slightly shorter than you had.

Another option would be to create a text file and than past the configuration that you want into the router. For example.

[edit]
adelport@junction# load set terminal
[Type ^D at a new line to end input]
set interfaces ge-0/0/12 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode access vlan members blah
set interfaces ge-0/0/13 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode access vlan members blah
set interfaces ge-0/0/14 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode access vlan members blah
set interfaces ge-0/0/15 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode access vlan members blah
load complete

[edit]
adelport@junction#

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.