Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"

Posted 06-13-2016 08:42
      |   view attached

Hi Everyone

I have alarm "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment" in Network Management Platform >> Network Monitoring path.

I created the new user (super administrator) but don´t have access to Network Monitoring path. I also changed the password to other user (super administrator) but I have the same alarm:  "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment".

Please, someone with an idea?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"

Posted 06-13-2016 19:40

What version of Space Platform are you using?

When did this start happening, what changed if it has worked previously?

What type of user is this - local or remote?

Have you tried restarting the "Network Monitoring" service?

• 3.  RE: Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"

Posted 06-14-2016 06:05

I have the same problem after upgrading from 15.1R1 to 15.2R2 and only with remote users not a local user.

• 4.  RE: Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"

Posted 06-14-2016 07:50

Hi

My response below:

What version of Space Platform are you using? 15.1.R1

When did this start happening, what changed if it has worked previously? The problem started when one appliance falied (cluster)

What type of user is this - local or remote? all remotes

Have you tried restarting the "Network Monitoring" service? Yes

• 5.  RE: Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"

Posted 06-14-2016 07:56

DavidC85 -

Have you replaced the failed appliance yet or is it still running on the single appliance?

Have you tried a DB backup/restore of both Space DB and the Network Monitoring DB? This sometimes resolves weird DB related issues.

Skula - 

There is a bug in 15.2R2 that does not allow remote users to view the Network Monitoring module, I found this a couple days after it was released while testing for a customer.  At this point there is no workaraound, it is being tracked br PR# 

• 6.  RE: Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"

Posted 06-14-2016 12:05

And I cant get to that PR and Juniper is very bad a communication. I have had a ticket for my issue open since Feb of this year and two weeks yet by with nothing so I upgraded and now have this problem.

• 7.  RE: Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"

Posted 06-14-2016 13:03

Skula - 

Unfortunately the PR is an internal access only at the moment, even I don't have access to it as a Juniper Partner and the one that had this PR opened.  I do know that in testing this issue, I found it only to affect Platform 15.2R2 with "remote" users, and it was not an issue prior to this release.  If you have an open JTAC ticket on this, reference this PR with the JTAC engineer you are working with and they could provide more detail, but at this point I have been told they are still investigating this issue and have no workaraound or fix as of yet...other than temporarily making "local" users.

• 8.  RE: Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"
    Best Answer

Posted 06-22-2016 08:37

Hi Everyone

I solve the issue updating the admin password for OpenNMS, according to that indicated by Juniper: "As Mentioned Earlier OpenNMS or Network Monitoring use REST API calls and any change in admin password whether manually or by a process (upgrade, restore etc) Could lead to mismatched passwords"

The users have access to the network monitoring

• 9.  RE: Alarm: "Network Monitoring module is initializing for this user, please wait a moment"

Posted 01-16-2017 11:20

hi david, I have the same issue but I don´t understand you how you solved the failure, please can you helpme ?