Management
Contributor
NDCool

Can we Install NSM Server on RHEL ES 5 ?

[ Edited ]
Now Redhat release RHEL ES 5, so can we used that version for NSM Device and GUI server???
bcoz, on NSM linux system update only for version ES3 and ES4.

thnks
-ND-
Message Edited by NDCool on 02-19-2008 01:49 PM
Regards,

ND
Super Contributor
benjaminc

Re: Can we Install NSM Server on RHEL ES 5 ?

Hi ND,

RHEL5 is not _supported_ for installations of NSM, this doesn't preclude it from working but you will get no support from JTAC. Supported OS versions are always included in the documentation and new OS's are only tested when testing major version releases so you wouldn't find a change in supported OS between version 2007.3r1 and 2007.3r2 for instance, you would need to wait for 2008.1 (for instance)

Thanks

Ben
Contributor
NDCool

[ Edited ]
thanks ben, how with CentOS version?? it's possible?? coz centos is free version of RHEL ES right?
Message Edited by NDCool on 02-19-2008 05:32 PM
Regards,

ND
Contributor
NDCool

i have tried to install NSM on CentOS, but not working. Only can install the systemupdate. But when install NSM Server after checking packaging......and stop the installation.
any suggest ?
Regards,

ND
New User
elotek

When can we expect the new release of NSM to work on Redhat ES 5?????

Super Contributor
benjaminc

Hi Elo,

The developers test the new major versions of NSM on new versions of the operating systems when they are available.

I guess you will need to wait for the next major version release for NSM which would be 2008.1. A  very very tentative date for the release of this is July.

Thanks

Ben 

Contributor
sangamc

i tried to install NSM 2007.3r3 on a centos46 test server that i put together recently. and i can not get past checking in system file for postgresql and xdb parameters ... ok. the install just stops and goes to removing staging directory without reporting and errors or otherwise complaining at all. i had hoped centos was compatible with NSM, but if i am mistaken could someone let me know?

thanks

sanga collins

network admin
New User
hacksjuniper

Yes this can be done, but as metnioned before you won't get support from Jtac and is not supported/recommended by juniper.

http://knol.google.com/k/juniper-hacks/installing-juniper-networks-nsm-network/1xqkuq3r2h459/44

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.