Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Device configuration Status in Space - Unknown

Posted 04-11-2017 02:44
      |   view attached

Hi Community

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Everything was fine with my J-Space and all connected SRX devices untill I ran "request system license update trial" on one of them.

I needed to obtain an ISP trial license , so I made that command and obtained that trial license.

Since that, SD "Configuration Status" is "Unknown" for that specific device and whatever I tried I couldn't change it. Re-synch, update, etc.

"Import changes" is grayed out.

Configlets still work on that device but nothing else. I coudnt update policies or anythng else.

Guessing if I delete and then re-add the device this will be solved, but if anybody know better way how to manage such kind of status?

I've attached how it looks like

Thanks a lot

Michael

• 2.  RE: Device configuration Status in Space - Unknown
    Best Answer

Posted 04-11-2017 22:48

SD "Configuration Status" is "Unknown" I think Junos Space lost connection with device.

Rather than delete and re-add, you can try RMA and activate the device to bring back the connection.

go to Platform > Device management > Right clich on device > Device Operations > Reactivate from RMA

(Do not update check box "Update Space config to device" if it was not in sync.)

• 3.  RE: Device configuration Status in Space - Unknown

Posted 04-12-2017 01:30

Thanks very much PML !! Tha's a perfect solution and worked like a charm.

First I made "Put Device in RMA state", then "Reactivate from RMA".

Once reactivated the device is "In Sync"

So that was very usefull advice, thanks a lot once again !

All the best,
    Michael

• 4.  RE: Device configuration Status in Space - Unknown

Posted 04-12-2017 01:35

Glat to know, steps helped to resolve the issue