Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  EX switches not logging localy

Posted 08-21-2015 01:44

So i have 5 ex 2200 switches running 12.3R3.4. THe problem is that none of the switches can log anything in messages.

The switches have messages and messages.0 but still no logging. I have tried to reboot 1 switch and tried to shut down ports etc but still nothing shows up in the messages file. 

i Tried to configure the following :  but still no local logggin. 

set system syslog file messages any notice
    set system syslog file messages authorization info
    set system syslog file interactive-commands interactive-commands any

The switches show the latest : 

Aug 25 18:17:31 license-check[1058]: copy from member 0 failed
    Sat 25 18:18:20 auto_image_config_enable[1073]: Auto-image upgrade set to start, config CLI session(s) can get abruptly terminated
    Aug 25 18:18:24 mgd[1115]: UI_INITIALSETUP_OPERATION: Committing EZsetup configuration as EZsetup option is chosen

I mean what month is SAT 25???  Im not sure what happend but i think something went wrong when someone tried to upgrade the switches but not sure. 

Note i did reload 1 switch but nothing changed. What do you guys think ? Should i try to "upgrade Junos" again ? 

Best Regards

Simarpal 

JNCIA 

• 2.  RE: EX switches not logging localy
    Best Answer

Posted 08-21-2015 01:56

Hi,

Instead of rebooting all the switches or upgrading, try and restart the logging process first.

restart event-processing

You can do this on one or more members in the VC. I assume there is also sufficient storage space on the master RE to write the file?

Tim

• 3.  RE: EX switches not logging localy

Posted 08-21-2015 02:06

Nice !!! IT would seem that this has solved the issue 🙂 

Thank you very much good sir !