Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Free space issues on NSMXpress

Posted 01-29-2012 10:45

Hi all,

I'm about to update my NSMXpress device, but unfortunately there's not enough space (needs 1,4GB more) on /usr/netscreen/.

The partition /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr has a total of 20GB 14 is used and 5 is free. But that is not enough for and update to nsm2011.1s2. 

I can see that most of the space (8,5GB) is beeing used in: /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/

Can I do something about all the releases stored here - or are those being used be the system?

Thank you for your input.

/M

• 2.  RE: Free space issues on NSMXpress
    Best Answer

Posted 02-01-2012 02:13

This is a known issue with the NSMxpress appliance. Years ago, when they were "designed", no one figured that the schemas would grow this large.

Whenever I have this issue (more often than not) I call JTAC, give them access to the box (through their SecureMeeting) and let them deal with it. Usually it takes them 1-2 hours to clean the box. You could do it yourself, but why not let Juniper feel the pain?

These boxes need a serious upgrade. And so does the NSM software.

• 3.  RE: Free space issues on NSMXpress

Posted 02-02-2012 01:07

I agree...

I deleted (moved) junos-ex folder and updated.

After the update the folder was there again with content - so I guess it was save to delete/move the folder to make more space.