Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  I would like to add ssg 20 devices to nsm 2010.3r2

Posted 02-19-2015 14:08

I would like to add ssg 20 devices to nsm 2010.3r2. Is this possible? Or do I need to updaet OS on nsmExpress? If possible, can someone assist in walking me through? I just inherited the firewalls and NSM, trying to muddle through. The ssg 20s' will replace existing 5gts, but that's for a different day. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, initially I planned to add the ssg devices as unreachable.

• 2.  RE: I would like to add ssg 20 devices to nsm 2010.3r2
    Best Answer

Posted 02-19-2015 17:06

Welcome to NSM.

Device and OS version support in general is based on the version of the Schema you have installed not necessarily the software version.  You can see and update this on your server object in global.

The SSG20 is a long standing model and will be fully supported for import using either the reachable, unreachable or model methods.  Generally if the device is live and on the networks it is simpliest to use reachable.