Security

last person joined: 8 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  IPFIX collectors

Posted 12-16-2013 08:02

Hello,

I have a question about IPFIX collection. There is a comprehensive documentation related to configuring all kinds of *flow on MX series, but no info about collectors. We are using flow-capture at this moment and it doesn't seem to support ipfix.

What collectors do you use? Please, advice some free collector which works on linux.

Thanks in advance.

#jflowipfixmx

• 2.  RE: IPFIX collectors

Posted 12-16-2013 22:42

Kindly post this query in routing section for quick response.

--Cheers,

Dipanshu

• 3.  RE: IPFIX collectors

Posted 12-19-2013 09:12

The IPFIX export from the Juniper MX series has been tested with Scrutinizer and it works well.

Jake

• 4.  RE: IPFIX collectors

Posted 12-19-2013 09:30

Hi,

You can use STRM also for flow collector also.

Best Regards,

Suresh

JNCIP-ENT,JNCIS-SEC

• 5.  RE: IPFIX collectors
    Best Answer

Posted 12-23-2013 07:20

Nfdump seems to work fine, but since it is be better for me to keep existing collector (flow-capture) and it doesn't support ipfix, i found a workaround:

nfcapd -t 300 -z -D -p 9999 -l /home/dmsh/netflow/nfcapd/ -x 'nfreplay -r %d/%f -p 9998'

It listens to ipfix on port 9999, converts it to netflow v5 and sends to flow-capture which is running on port 9998.

Probably it is not the best solution, just optimal in my case. For new installations, better use nfdump.

The problem is solved, thanks to everyone.

• 6.  RE: IPFIX collectors

Posted 01-18-2017 19:46

Hello,  

This post on Juniper IPFIX Support provides a config and a video showing the types of reports you can generate with the new IPFIX export from the MX series.

I hope this helps.

Mike