Management
Visitor
yamyam

Junos Space - Change node name

I've just fired up Space and entered basic info to check the version number it's running.  I've upgraded to 11.2 and installed all apps e.g. ethernet design etc.

I now need to change the node name to the correct device name (currently showing as space).  Is there anyway I can do this?  

Or do I need to reset Space using the restore media?  If I need to restore will this also remove all the upgrades I've completed?

** Space is running in standalone and not clustered.

Thanks

Super Contributor
tbehrens

Re: Junos Space - Change node name

Node Name

The logical name assigned to the node.

Note: For the first node, Junos Space uses the node name that the user specifies during the initial configuration of the Junos Space appliance. For each subsequent node, the user must specify a node name when adding the node to the fabric.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos-space1.0/topics/task/operational/jmp-fabric-nodes-viewin...

Visitor
yamyam

Hi tbehrens,

Thanks for the response.

I understand what the node name is.  What I need to do is change the node name.  Space was set up with the node name of "space" but I want to change this to the actual name of the device which will be a little more meaningful.

Super Contributor
tbehrens

That's why I copy/pasted that. What that snippet says is "you can set the node name for members 2 through N, and Space uses the node name specified during setup for member 1".

Which means the only supported way is to start over. With all that entails - upgrades, configuration, &c. Or live with the node name you have now, your choice.

Digging around in /etc/sysconfig is going to be more pain than it's worth, as SPACE also keeps information in a DB. If OS and DB veer apart - can happen with IP changes for example - things don't work so well any more, if at all.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.