Security

last person joined: 7 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Junos Space topology

Posted 11-18-2014 18:31

Hi everyone,

I've been using Junos Space for a few weeks now, but I can't figure out what is causing the topology in Junos Space to be inaccurate.

I tried to restart space / and snmp agent, aswell as re rediscovering faulty devices, but it seems like Space is adding some links which do not exist, and some links are missing also.

Are there possibilites to force a rediscover ? I know that there is a timer of 5 hours to re discover the topology but it seems like  it's not updating at all .. Also the rest of the topolgy seems to be working because we are viewing alarms on others devices via the topology.

Thanks in advance !

Vincent.

• 2.  RE: Junos Space topology

Posted 11-23-2014 09:07

From what we found during our testing, it seems like some devices get perfectly discovered with all links connecting to the right devices, but on a few devices, it seems like we can not get VLAN information (View Node bridge / STP information), and that might be the cause of the missing / wrong connecting links (it is part of the topology discovery process in opennms / linkd), because these error appear only when this tab is missing in Network Monitoring / Node List. I tried re importing the device, but still can't find this information elsewhere !

Any help would be greatly appreciated  !

• 3.  RE: Junos Space topology
    Best Answer

Posted 02-26-2015 13:00

For those with the same problem, here are the details :

After many investigations and many many logging sessions with JTAC, it seems that it is a bug with Junos 12.3R6, due to incorrect LLDP values returned from this specific image.

We still do not have upgrade our switches to verify it, but it seems like JTAC could  reproduce this specific issue.

Vincent.

• 4.  RE: Junos Space topology

Posted 08-04-2015 13:23

Hello vgeneste, do you know if this issue extends to JunosOS 12.3R9? Cause I'm facing a similar issue. There was 3 links between MX960 and EX4200 and suddenly one of them has vanished. After a while another link has vanished too. Now it's showing only one link and doesn't mater what I try it doesn't come back to topology.