Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  MX 480 Web Management GUI Help needed

Posted 05-17-2016 16:44

HI All,

I recenlty bought a second hand MX 480. To have a clean start i used the commands request system zeroize & load factory-default to put the system on factory configuration. Now i want to connect to a web GUI. Is it not possible to connect to web GUI without a J-Web for mx 480? i cant find a J-Web for mx480 in the Juniper website for some reason.Please tell me if i am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. This is how my 'show configuration' displays now -

version 10.0R3.10;

system {

root-authentication {

encrypted-password "$1$LNtXGXr9$4gDYIdp84Dc30ivTXYa1v/"; ## SECRET-DATA

}

services {

web-management {

http;

}

}

syslog {

user * {

any emergency;

}

file messages {

any notice;

authorization info;

}

file interactive-commands {

interactive-commands any;

}

}

}

interfaces {

fxp0 {

unit 0 {

family inet {

address 192.168.1.1/24;

}

}

}

fxp1 {

unit 0 {

family inet {

address 192.168.1.8/24;

}

}

}

}

Just letting everyone know that i am really new  to Juniper and can be wrong in my steps for setting up a web GUI. Please advice me the best way to achieve this.

Cheers,

RV

• 2.  RE: MX 480 Web Management GUI Help needed
    Best Answer

Posted 05-17-2016 20:40

Hello,

It is mandatory to install J-Web user interface for J-Web to work.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB26928&smlogin=true&actp=search

You can use the following link to download the J-Web interface for MX480.

http://www.juniper.net/support/downloads/?p=mx480#sw

Note:- Click on 13.3 in the drop down menu under Version on the right hand top side of the page.

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: MX 480 Web Management GUI Help needed

Posted 05-22-2016 16:27

Hi Rushi,

Thanks for your response. I tried downloading it from the link you sent me after signing up a Juniper account. But its giving me an error message saying i dont have the permission to download the software.

"You have encountered this error because your account privileges do not permit access to the information or service requested. "

Is there something i have to do in my account while i create my account to get the full permission?? Like giving out my device serial key ? Any help would be appreciated.

• 4.  RE: MX 480 Web Management GUI Help needed

Posted 05-23-2016 16:06

Is there anyone who can give me some insight into my question? 😞

• 5.  RE: MX 480 Web Management GUI Help needed

Posted 05-23-2016 18:20

Download access is generally based on the support account and serial number status.  The simpliest way to check is to use the link on the denied access page to create an admin support case and request the download access.