Management
Visitor
JBG70

Re: Mac OS X NSM client 2008.2.r1

At the bottom of the NSM.lax file is a variable set to some root user path (NSDIR=/root/Network and Security Manager). Change that to where ever you installed the nsm client. Also set the JAVA_HOME in your shell to the java that you want to use; in this case its 1.6 so use this command "export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6"

It fixes the main not found crap. 

~J

New User
fredm

JBG70

can you elaborate how to get rid of the main class error?

i copy and pasted that command into terminal and i don't think it did anything. i'm probably doing something wrong.

thanks! 

Visitor
JBG70

No prob,

First you should verify that you do have java 6 on you system. The fastest way is to run this command in a terminal.

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Commands/java -version

you should get something that looks like this:

java version "1.6.0_13"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03-211)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.3-b02-83, mixed mode)

If you don't then there is your first problem. The command above was taken from a line in the nsm.lax file and looks like this

lax.nl.current.vm=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Commands/java

I didn't touch it; it was already set.

Now at the bottom of the file (NSM.lax) is a section that looks like this:

#   NSDIR
#   -----
#   the install directory

NSDIR=/Users/Bird/Desktop/Network and Security Manager

In my case i have the NSM sitting on my desktop. Set that line and run this ./NSM in the directory and you should be good to go.

If you still have problems then i'm not sure because that's all i did to get it working. In fact i didn't have to even use the JAVA_HOME variable. What version of OS X are you using? I'm using 10.5.7 and i don't remember when JAVA 6 was installed via updates but i don't think it was that long ago. 6 months maybe?

Good luck!

Visitor
fmei

can one of the Juniper folks create one for 2008.2r2a?

thanks! 

New User
crizzo

I've tried the macNsm2008.2r2 client, but it doesn't seem to work with the "a" build. Anyone have any luck?
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.