01-13-2009 02:56 AM
After an NSM upgrade from 2008.1r2 to 2008.2r1, the new NSM UI client hangs during the connection to the server ("Loading data..." )
I've found the following error lines in the /var/netscreen/GuiSvr/errorLog/guiDaemon.0:
[01/13/2009 11:11:20.974] [Error] [65692560-nsAccessCtrl.c:3669] nsAccessCtrlHandleImplicitActivity failed for activity - ImplicitShared
[01/13/2009 11:11:20.974] [Error] [65692560-nsAccessCtrl.c:4005] nsAccessCtrlProcessAdminSet(adminId=0) failed
[01/13/2009 11:11:20.974] [Error] [65692560-nsAccessCtrl.c:7640] nsAccessCtrlUploadUserPerms(admin='super') failed
[01/13/2009 11:11:20.977] [Error] [65692560-gdPreproc.c:573] nsAccessCtrlUserConstruct(adminName='super', domainPath='global') failed
[01/13/2009 11:11:20.977] [Error] [65692560-syncNetAppAPI.c:3505] Command rejected
[01/13/2009 11:11:24.431] [Error] [67191696-nsAccessCtrl.c:3533] nsSetDbMgrFind() failed
[01/13/2009 11:11:24.431] [Error] [67191696-nsAccessCtrl.c:3669] nsAccessCtrlHandleImplicitActivity failed for activity - ImplicitShared
[01/13/2009 11:11:24.431] [Error] [67191696-nsAccessCtrl.c:4005] nsAccessCtrlProcessAdminSet(adminId=0) failed
[01/13/2009 11:11:24.431] [Error] [67191696-nsAccessCtrl.c:7640] nsAccessCtrlUploadUserPerms(admin='super') failed
[01/13/2009 11:11:24.434] [Error] [67191696-gdPreproc.c:573] nsAccessCtrlUserConstruct(adminName='super', domainPath='global') failed
[01/13/2009 11:11:24.434] [Error] [67191696-syncNetAppAPI.c:3505] Command rejected
I run NSM on RHEL 5.2
Can I fix this issue somehow?
01-13-2009 02:57 AM
yes, browse to the install folder for your nsm client.
Locate folder .nsm
Delete this folder.
Re-run the uiClient and it should let you straight in.
01-13-2009 03:22 AM - edited 01-13-2009 03:23 AM
I've found the .nsm folder under my profile (/Documents and Settings/username/)
I deleted it and ran again the client, but the issue is the same.
01-13-2009 04:22 AM
are you able to succesfully launch the client when not connecting to the guiSvr.
i.e. if you launch the client and select demo mode from the server section and enter netscreen as the super user pass ?
Also are you able to connect using any other client pc ?
01-15-2009 02:44 PM
I had same issue with 2008.1r2, after loading schema update (42 as far as I remember.. or 45 maybe).
I tried this: http://kb.juniper.net/KB12478 but it didn't much help.
However after upgrade to 2008.2r1, deinstalling GUI on PC and cleaning up directories and installing GUI again it works fine.
So try to remove GUI from PC, remove directories, remove schema update directory as in KB from NSM, and reinstall GUI.
Hope it will work for you.
01-20-2009 01:06 PM
i managed to get the same issue and resolved it.
I exported and reimported the db , which I would imagine has reindexed the database in the process.
So the procedure i used is as follows.
1.) stop nsm services.
2.) cd /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/utils
3.) sh xdbExporter.sh /var/netscreen/GuiSvr/xdb /tmp/xdbexport.xdb
4.) sh xdifImporter.sh /tmp/xdbexport.xdb /var/netscreen/GuiSvr/xdb/init/
restart the services if not already running and login with 2008.2r1 client.
Hope this fixes the issues if not yet resolved.
01-26-2010 01:32 AM
I seem to have the same issue with a 2009.1r1 release. In the first place I was not able to perform the upgrade and had to Export/Import the database. After that I was able to upgrade the NSM to version 2009.1r1 (old was 2008.2r1)
Removing the .nsm folder in Documents&Settings didn't seem to resolve the problem for me.
NSM starts in Demo Mode with no problem.
However when I connect to the customer's NSM, NSM hangs on the 'Loading Data...' . I tried to export and import the database also after the upgrade, this also didn't seem to work for me...