Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  NSM: Import policies from a rule set to another

Posted 03-19-2012 11:25

Hi,

I am consalidating two firewalls to to be in one box and the one which I will keep has already its own rule set.

1. Can a device has more than one rule set (Policy set) of policies assigned o it? I tried to find a way but I couldn't.

2. Can I move policies from one rule set ( Policy set) to another without affecting the excisting rules?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: NSM: Import policies from a rule set to another

Posted 04-11-2012 13:34

It is possible to copy and paste blocks of rules from one policy to another, just be carefull to correct the zones and device files if they differ..

Not all rule types can be done this way.

• 3.  RE: NSM: Import policies from a rule set to another

Posted 04-13-2012 06:07

@SomeITGuy wrote:

It is possible to copy and paste blocks of rules from one policy to another, just be carefull to correct the zones and device files if they differ..

Not all rule types can be done this way.

Thanks SomeITGuy ... I didn't know that we can do copy/paste between different rule sets...  I will try this out. my policies are normal allow/deny access policies.

• 4.  RE: NSM: Import policies from a rule set to another
    Best Answer

Posted 04-13-2012 04:07

Have you tried the Policy Merge Tool? It's in the tools menu. Might be worth a look.

• 5.  RE: NSM: Import policies from a rule set to another

Posted 04-13-2012 06:25

That is what I was looking for "Policy Merge Tool"

Thanks 🙂