Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  NSM Post Installation Task Failures

Posted 02-17-2011 07:45

Hello, 

I've built two NSM servers running on RHEL 5, I've configured them for HA and they seem happy ( I can connect with the GUI client, and everything reports OK). During installation I got a few errors, I just wonder whether I should be concerned or not. Here is a snippet, sorry for the formatting, copy&paste doesn't look very nice here:

Running nacnCertGeneration..................................Caught exception instantiating Cert                                                              J class. com.rsa.certj.ProviderManagementException: NativeDB.instantiate: NativeDB.openHandle:                                                               Java Native Interface access failed. You need to install NativeDB library for your platform. (/                                                              usr/netscreen/DevSvr/lib/libcb.so: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No                                                               such file or directory).
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.netscreen.nacn.kmanager.KeyCertDB.dbClearCerts(KeyCertDB.java:410)
            at com.netscreen.nacn.kmanager.NSCertificate.saveCertificateToDB(NSCertificate.java:632                                                              )
            at com.netscreen.nacn.kmanager.NSCertificate.doNACNCaCertificate(NSCertificate.java:117                                                              )
            at com.netscreen.nacn.kmanager.NSCertificate.main(NSCertificate.java:426)
    FAILED

Running nacnCertGeneration..................................Caught exception instantiating Cert                                                              J class. com.rsa.certj.ProviderManagementException: NativeDB.instantiate: NativeDB.openHandle:                                                               Java Native Interface access failed. You need to install NativeDB library for your platform. (/                                                              usr/netscreen/DevSvr/lib/libcb.so: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No                                                               such file or directory).java.lang.NullPointerException        at com.netscreen.nacn.kmanager.KeyCertDB.dbClearCerts(KeyCertDB.java:410)        at com.netscreen.nacn.kmanager.NSCertificate.saveCertificateToDB(NSCertificate.java:632                                                              )        at com.netscreen.nacn.kmanager.NSCertificate.doNACNCaCertificate(NSCertificate.java:117                                                              )        at com.netscreen.nacn.kmanager.NSCertificate.main(NSCertificate.java:426)FAILED

Someone reported the same issues on the forums here -> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=82628. Their solution was to install compat-libstdc++. When I try installing with yum I get No package compat-libstdc++ available. yum install libstdc++ results in Package libstdc++-4.1.2-50.el5.i386 already installed and latest version. Any ideas? Any should I worry given it's only a "post installation task" ?

Given this is a clean RHEL5 install, and I have installed all the required dependencies listed in the install script, I would have thought pretty much everyone would get this error?

• 2.  RE: NSM Post Installation Task Failures
    Best Answer

Posted 02-17-2011 09:43

Have you updated your RHEL with nsm2010.4-systemupdate-linux.zip?

• 3.  RE: NSM Post Installation Task Failures

Posted 02-18-2011 09:32

Thanks for that, I don't know how I missed it in the install guide (well I do, I don't read the prerequisites!). I'd just manually installed the requirements using RHEL's package management system (YUM). I used that patch, reinstalled and I didnt get the same errors. You help is appreciated, cheers!