Management
Visitor
adeath
Accepted Solution

NSM client freezes on 'update device'

[ Edited ]

This is a rather strange issue that we are currently trying to pinpoint...

I am connecting to an NSM 2010.3 server with a Windows XP SP 2 machine

This client worked fine until yesterday when out of nowhere it ceased to function correctly

I am able to connect and load into the NSM fine. When I attempt to update a device from the tool bar "Devices>Configuration>Update Device Config" (or a delta config summary) the program becomes greyed out and I can no longer click in it. The subsequent menus do not appear. Visting the windows task manager shows the program to be in a "Running" state still.

I have tried installing the client on a clean workstation upon which the same issues persist.

I have tried uninstalling, deleting .nsm and reinstalling on the original workstation.

To complicate the issue my coworker is able to logon using his workstation without error.

What to check?

Visitor
adeath

Re: NSM client freezes on 'update device'

interesting development, you can run delta config (and i will assume 'update device') from the Device Manager>Devices list

I am attributing this to Microsoft Windows security patches, going to test the hypothesis in a minute

Visitor
adeath

Re: NSM client freezes on 'update device'

ok... grr

NSM is working now. It was a simple issue of NSM opening the subsequent menus off screen

a simple "alt + spacebar" > "move" allowed me to move the off screen menu with the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.