Management
j2
Regular Visitor
j2

NSM removes DHCP sub interface nsrp cluster a/p

[ Edited ]

hi all,

i'm running screenos 6.2 in a nsrp a/p configuration (SSG350) and using a nsm Xpress to manage my devices.

Via the webinterface it is possible to use the 'DHCP server' functionality on a subinterface but in NSM it cant be selected (it can/works on a single SSG5 without nsrp). if i set the dhcp server functionality 'on' on a subinterface (via the webinterface) NSM unsets the configuration items when i want to update the confiruation via NSM and my dhcp configuration is gone.

I think the functionality is build into screen os version 6.2 but the team is forgotten to update it in NSM 2008-r2...?

i realy need this functionality so how can i fix/report this?

Message Edited by j2 on 09-01-2009 11:35 AM
Visitor
jceresini

Re: NSM removes DHCP sub interface nsrp cluster a/p

I have a similar problem because when I imported the device it had "Updatable Enabled" checked on the DHCP options page. When I uncheck it, NSM does not try to overwrite my DHCP config but it DOES keep trying to send something similar to the following to the device every time i update:

unset interface [x] dhcp server updatable

It fails to send that to the device though. Any ideas?

Super Contributor
mnarine

To get any fucntionality that's not directly accessible on NSM, you can use the send additional commands to the device.  When you edit the device, there's an option to do this. Just need to type in the commands you want to send.

What you may need to do, is remove the DHCP configuration (make a copy of the CLI commands, as you'll need this to input in the NSM), push a config from NSM to make sure everything is in-sync and then add the additional CLI commands.

-Mike

Contributor
joepope

This is fixed in 2010.1a14, I had the same problem and this fixed it.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.