Management
Trusted Contributor
stine

NSM schema 162 for NSMXpress Obstructed update (failed to add directory): object already exists.

I just tried to update the schema in my NSMXpress (ver: 2010.4) from schema 160 to 162.  It failed with the following error.   I know enough about Redhat to log in an remove the directory, but I don't know if that will cause anything else to break, and I'd rather not re-install the server again.     Has anyone seen this, and if so, is there a non-re-install solution?

Thanks.

Error Code: 

Error Text:
   Schema Download Failed.

Error Details:
   Obstructed update
svn: Failed to add directory '/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/dmi/junos-es/releases/10.2R3.10': object of the same name already exists

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
Recognized Expert Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
CN

Re: NSM schema 162 for NSMXpress Obstructed update (failed to add directory): object already exists.

I would suggest renaming the directory

/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm/

as 

/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/dmi-schema-stage/nsm.bak

and then trying an update.

Thanks,
Chandra

Trusted Contributor
stine

Re: NSM schema 162 for NSMXpress Obstructed update (failed to add directory): object already exists.

I renamed the nsm folder to nsm.bak, stopped and restarted the three servers (HA, GUI, DEV) Now I can't run an update because the updater has no config.
Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
Recognized Expert Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
CN

Something else seems to be broken on your env.

Usualy, when we do that, the new download that occurs will be written onto the the staging directory.

That said, I would look thorugh the /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/errorLog/gproGDM.log file right after you attempt the schema update to see the details of what the reason for the error is.

Thanks,
Chandra

Trusted Contributor
stine

I think I'm going to reimage the NSM and start over. If I run into the same problem again, i'll open a JTAC case. Thanks.
Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.