05-24-2009 06:07 AM
To Generate Licenses for NSM version 2007.3 and above you need to have an Install ID.
This Install ID can be obtained by following these steps
- Download the Install ID retrieval tool
- Copy the zip file to NSM Server using WinSCP or FTP (NSM Server will be FTP client)
- Login to NSM Server using SSH
- Unzip the file:
- Untar the file
#tar -xvf nsm-install-ID.tar
- Change directory:
- If the OS for NSM Server is
- Solaris then run: #./nsmInstallID-solaris
- Linux then run: #./nsmInstallID-linux
This will give you the Install-ID of your NSM Server.
You will also need the Serial number to generate the licenses
- Serial number for NSMXpress can be obtained by running #dmidecode
- Serial number for Non-NSMXpress server will be the number printed on Certificate when you purchased the NSM License.
personal mail: email@example.com
05-24-2009 08:24 AM
Pls send me the email address used to register your account & I can try to get this and send that to you.
You can send me an offline message, if you don't want to put your email address in this forum.