Management
Contributor
Jerbear
Accepted Solution

NSMXpress installation error

I'm attempting to install an NSMXpress. I got to the point of installing the Regional Server from the CLI and it seemed to get stuck in a loop. I exited and tried again, no luck. I went into the webGUI and tried and now I am getting the error:

Checking for sufficient disk space..........................FAILED
ERROR: Need 38MB more space on partition: /tmp for the following directories: /tmp/netmgtstaging.20081107223900

I don't know what caused the initial install to fail but apparently repeated attempts have overwhelmed the /tmp directory. I cannot delete any files to free up space as they are write protected. I don't know the commands well enough to get around this error. What next?

Recognized Expert Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
CB

Re: NSMXpress installation error

Hi,

are you logged in as root ?

If not sudo su -

Use your admin password and you should have sufficient rights to remove the files in /tmp

Kind regards

Colin

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit.
Contributor
Jerbear

Great. That worked, thank you!  But I did run into the same error that got me in trouble before: Enter the File License Path>

Instead of ending up with the same problem as before I started fresh with a Re-install. This time the install worked just fine.

Next, I performed the GUI install and it installed on my Windows server. Is there any way to install the GUI to the NSMXpress or does it have to be on a separate server?

Jer

Recognized Expert
CB

Hi Jer,

if by installing the Gui you mean the user client, then no , you should not install this on the server.

The GuiClient can be installed on any windows system or on a linux box. Doesn't have to be a server, though you can package it for citrix environments etc if you wish.

Hope that clarifies your query.

Kind regards

Colin

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit.
Contributor
Jerbear

[ Edited ]

Yes that answers the question, thanks.

I'm setting up the NSMXpress as a "demo" to be accessed via SSL VPN. So I guess I'll have to see if I can create a link to allow users access to the client.

Thanks for the info.

Jer

Message Edited by Jerbear on 11-10-2008 07:09 AM
Recognized Expert
CB

Hi Jer,

if users point a web browser to the nsmXpress, they can download the client automatically, the only caveat to this is that the schema update is not applied to this download.

So if you apply the schema update to the server. The installer offered through HTTP on the nsmXpress unit will not contain the update unfortunately.

Kind regards

Colin

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.