Security

last person joined: 8 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  NSMxpress upgrade - cannot connect to server

Posted 04-22-2009 07:59

All,

Recently upgraded to NSMXpress 2008.2r1.  I have installed the new client but will no longer connect to the server.

I read somwhere that the new server uses port 7808 instead of 7801 however, when telnetting on to port 7808 it times out. no firewalls are blocking this traffic

Any help greatly appreciated

H.

• 2.  RE: NSMxpress upgrade - cannot connect to server

Posted 04-22-2009 08:01

It does use the port tcp/7801. Seems like the NSM processes are down. Can you verify using

/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/bin/guiSvr.sh status

If the guiSvrManager process is down, can you try to restart the processes using

/usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/bin/guiSvr.sh restart.

If that doesn't work, then provide us the details for the /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/errorLog/guiDaemon.0.

Thanks,
    Chandra

• 3.  RE: NSMxpress upgrade - cannot connect to server

Posted 04-22-2009 08:37
      |   view attached

Chandra, Thank you for your reply, and time to help me with this

Output of the /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/bin/guiSvr.sh status command looks good:

guiSvrManager (pid 5607)...........................ON
    guiSvrMasterController (pid 5887)..................ON
    guiSvrDirectiveHandler (pid 6039)..................ON
    guiSvrLicenseManager (pid 6234)....................ON
    guiSvrStatusMonitor (pid 6389).....................ON
    guiSvrWebProxy (pid 6610)..........................ON
    [root@NSMXpress admin]#

output of the file is attached (file extension changed from .0 to rtf in order to post)

Attachment(s)

txt
    guiDaemon.txt   3.13 MB 1 version

• 4.  RE: NSMxpress upgrade - cannot connect to server

Posted 04-22-2009 08:44

As a side note, a collegue implemented the suggestions in this post which seemed to help a lot as we can now get in (after a few tries). However, the service was constantly stopping and requiring restart as we tried to connect with our client. On one occasion I noticed this on a console connection

"[root@NSMXpress init.d]# *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out):
     0x87a87010 *** " 

We now seem to be able to connect although I do not trust it as a stable implementation. Any suggestions would be appreciated 

http://forums.juniper.net/jnet/board/message?board.id=SecurityManagement&message.id=660&query.id=476385#U14284&searchid=1236098998788