Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Problem in new NSM Client log viewer - no fields to set rule filters

Posted 06-11-2009 09:34
      |   view attached

Ok, I confirmed this on 3 different machines, on the new version of the GUI NSM Client, 2008r2.2, if you right click on the header 'Rule #' and click, 'Set Filter', you will be presented with a box with no fields for setting the filter. See the attached picture.

Is this a bug ? Can anyone else confirm ?

Thanks,

Justin

• 2.  RE: Problem in new NSM Client log viewer - no fields to set rule filters

Posted 06-11-2009 09:46

Hi Justin,

this is a bug already reported and under investigation.

Please contact JTAC.

Ciao 🙂

Daniele

• 3.  RE: Problem in new NSM Client log viewer - no fields to set rule filters

Posted 06-12-2009 09:34

Daniele,

Thanks for the reply. I have opened a case and my tech is telling me they (Juniper) know nothing about it. Is there any problem # or case id I can refer my tech to to prove this is a bug and not a client issue ?

Thanks again,

Justin

• 4.  RE: Problem in new NSM Client log viewer - no fields to set rule filters

Posted 06-15-2009 06:54

FYI, One work around I have found is that you can still find the traffic you want to filter on and right-click and choose "only this traffic". You just cannot specify filter types in the column headings.

JTAC told me this was not "officially" recognized as a bug. They have since replicated the problem in their lab.  They are now sending the problem to their developement engineers.

There is no ETA on when this will be fixed. If this feature is important to you, you might want to hold off on upgrading.

• 5.  RE: Problem in new NSM Client log viewer - no fields to set rule filters
    Best Answer

Posted 08-13-2009 05:01

Hi Jickfoo,

2008.2r2a was released to the public download area last night.

This release includes log filtering fixes as well as the updated certificate for guiclient connection.

Kind regards

Colin

• 6.  RE: Problem in new NSM Client log viewer - no fields to set rule filters

Posted 10-26-2009 09:12

Hi,

Is it possible to manage a 2008.2r2 NSM server with a 2008.2r2a client ?

• 7.  RE: Problem in new NSM Client log viewer - no fields to set rule filters

Posted 10-26-2009 09:14

Hi Seb,

you should alway use the corresponding client with the release of NSM.

Hence to answer , you should use the 2008.2r2a client as this will reflect back end changes in the windows/linux GUI.

Kind regards

Colin

#accepted
    #solution