Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Redhat ES5 support script fails dnsmasq's global requirements were not met

Posted 04-20-2009 10:06

Hello all,

Attempting to install NMS 2008.2 on Redhat ES5.3 (Centos 5.3)

When running the script   ./rhes5.sh

It all works with the exception of  the following ....

21:selinux-policy-targeted########################################### [ 60%]
    libsepol.print_missing_requirements: dnsmasq's global requirements were not met: type/attribute initscript
    libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed
    semodule:  Failed!

Any ideas anyone?

• 2.  RE: Redhat ES5 support script fails dnsmasq's global requirements were not met

Posted 04-20-2009 10:37

Anything specific with the install you have perfomed on your system ?

Can you try to update using the procedure in http://www.city-fan.org/tips/BuildSeLinuxPolicyModules --> Just a yum and getting the latest.

Also, instead of using the package provided with the system update, if you can update these  packages by doing a yum update.

Thanks,
    Chandra

• 3.  RE: Redhat ES5 support script fails dnsmasq's global requirements were not met

Posted 04-21-2009 03:29

Did the yum update

and seem to be using selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-203.el5.noarch.rpm

I then tried to do an update of the package using yum from the linux update script and got the following. 

[root@nsm es5]# yum update selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-104.el5.noarch.rpm
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
     * base: www.mirrorservice.org
     * updates: mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net
     * addons: www.mirrorservice.org
     * extras: www.mirrorservice.org
    Setting up Update Process
    Examining selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-104.el5.noarch.rpm: selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-104.el5.noarch
    selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-104.el5.noarch.rpm: does not update installed package.
    No Packages marked for Update

So is this a show stopper (I am using Centos 5.3) D0 I have to be running 5.2?

So thinking this wasn't a show stopper(?) proceded to the actual installation  where it seems to pass all the prerequisites, bit I now get the following ...

########## EXTRACTING PAYLOADS ##########
    Extracting and decompressing payload......................../usr/bin/tail: cannot open `/root/NSM' for reading: No such file or directory

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    ok
    Extracting license manager package..........................gzip: /tmp/netmgtstaging.20090421110744/jre.tgz: No such file or directory
    ok
    gzip: /tmp/netmgtstaging.20090421110744/lmPkg.tgz: No such file or directory
    /bin/chmod: cannot access `/tmp/netmgtstaging.20090421110744/lmPkg/bin/installIdTool': No such file or directory
    /bin/chmod: cannot access `/tmp/netmgtstaging.20090421110744/lmPkg/bin/installIdTool': No such file or directory

########## GATHERING INFORMATION ##########

Any ideas ?

• 4.  RE: Redhat ES5 support script fails dnsmasq's global requirements were not met

Posted 04-21-2009 08:04

I think you have your installer on /root/NSM.  This has restricted permissions.

Can you try to place the installer in /tmp or your home directory ?

Thanks,
    Chandra

• 5.  RE: Redhat ES5 support script fails dnsmasq's global requirements were not met

Posted 04-21-2009 08:40

Thanks for the reply .... I'm going mad here 🙂

I tried it in /home/username ? then tried it in /root/NSM-install but had the same issue in both instances of not being able to write to /root/NSM?

• 6.  RE: Redhat ES5 support script fails dnsmasq's global requirements were not met
    Best Answer

Posted 04-22-2009 06:38

I ran into the same issue with 5.3 - rolled my server back to 5.1 and the update then ran clean.

• 7.  RE: Redhat ES5 support script fails dnsmasq's global requirements were not met

Posted 05-14-2009 12:17

I had 

gzip: /tmp/netmgtstaging.20090421110744/lmPkg.tgz: No such file or directory

When my installer download was corrupt, seems like for some reason the section that was putting the installIdTool into the staging directory wasn't there (if you go look in the directory in another xterm you will see it's not present).

This

"

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

"

Is the giveaway for that I think, 

Take a fresh copy of the installer and see if it helps.

Thanks

Ben 

• 8.  RE: Redhat ES5 support script fails dnsmasq's global requirements were not met

Posted 05-29-2009 00:35

Hello,

Try installing these packages:

yum install libsepol.i386 libsepol-devel.i386 libsemanage.i386 libsemanage-devel.i386

and then delete dnsmasq SELinux module :

semodule -r dnsmasq

Testing on: Centos 5.2  - but it should work well for Centos 5.3

Duso

#NSM
    #Centos
    #5.2