Security

last person joined: 7 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Regarding NSM and Red Hat Linux

Posted 08-04-2009 17:59

Dear experts,

I want to know that is it possible to install NSM 2008.2R2 on RHEL AS 4 update 5 (32bit)  or RHEL ES 5 update 1. In the release notes it is mentioned the following

RHEL 32-bit ES/AS 4.0-Update 6 or 32-bit ES/AS 5.0-Update 2 (Minimal
    and Full Install)

So what I have have is update 5 for RHEL AS 4.0 and Update 1 for RHEL ES 5.0

is it a MUST to have the same UPDATE of linux . Kindly please confirm it.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Regarding NSM and Red Hat Linux

Posted 08-04-2009 18:04

The reason we mention the Update is because that is the release QA has used to verify & execute all their tests.

Even using 5.0 Update 1, it will work for sure.

Thanks,

Chandra

• 3.  RE: Regarding NSM and Red Hat Linux

Posted 08-04-2009 18:10

Thank you very much CN for your fast answer,

I will give a hit tomorrow for this.

One more thing regarding the IDP, I am very disapointed to see that IDP version 5.0 does not support FAILOVER (standalone or 3rd party) so this is forcing me to go for IDP version 4.1R3(latest release).

I have pair of IDP 250 to deploy inline in failover

also for further confirmation

I will have 

1) RHEL AS 5.0 update 1 (without any Red hat network support)

2) NSM 2008.2R2

3) NSM will manage IDP version 4.1R3(latest relase for IDP 250). (Release 4.2 is only for IDP 8200)

Can u see any problem in above one 

Thanks and awaiting your fast response

• 4.  RE: Regarding NSM and Red Hat Linux

Posted 08-04-2009 18:47

The below looks like a good start. However, we know of a few issues with IDP release 4.1r3. I would suggest using the IDP patch q1 that was built on 4.1r3.

https://download.juniper.net/software/idp/sensor_4_1q1.sh.bz2 

We will be having 4.1r4 coming out in a couple of days & I suggest upgrading to that release.

Thanks,

Chandra

• 5.  RE: Regarding NSM and Red Hat Linux

Posted 08-04-2009 21:34

Thanks for pointing out in this direction

Is this the patch only or it is a complete version 4.1R3 + the patch (Q1).

I am little bit confuse now becasue at the download page of IDP i am not seeing the link which you provided to me

Can you pleas elaborate little bit more in this regards (or pointing to the release notes regarding this patch)

Thanks in advance 

• 6.  RE: Regarding NSM and Red Hat Linux

Posted 08-04-2009 21:48

This is a patch based on 4.1r3 which means its a complete package. Not sure which release you have on your system, but if you are trying to reimage your IDP 250, you can do it with the ISO image on our support site and then install this patch on top of it.

With this patch, primarily, there were issues addressed related to Link flapping with bypass enabled and failures related to SKYPE, SIP and RSH traffic.

Thanks,

Chandra

• 7.  RE: Regarding NSM and Red Hat Linux

Posted 08-04-2009 22:01
      |   view attached

Now it is becoming very interesting now

First of all my version is  Version: 4.1.112010 (from the ACM page), can u tell me which version actually this is, I mean which release 4.1R1, 4.1R2 or 4.1R3

Second and the most important thing is that there is no ISO Image file for version 4.1r3(attache image is showing the download page for Juniper IDP).

what does SH filname means, is that means the upgrade file or we is it a complete image so I can do re-image with this file as well

Thanks in advance

Newbie in JUNIPER IDP : )

• 8.  RE: Regarding NSM and Red Hat Linux
    Best Answer

Posted 08-05-2009 02:05

Hi Nasim,

to answer your questions:

1. 4.1.112010 correstpond to 4.1r2a, the build matrix is published in this KB article:

http://kb.juniper.net/KB13909

2. ISO image hasnot been released for all the IDP versions, latest available is idp-4.1r2-RC4-sensor.iso

With the ISO image you can re-image the box and then use the .sh installer to upgrade the IDP software

3. .sh is just the upgrade package that must be run to upgrade the IDP software running on the box.

Check the upgrade instructions in the Installer Guide:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/management/idp/idp41/IDP_4_1_Install_Guide.pdf

Ciao! 🙂

Daniele