Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Route-map not managed in NSM2008.1r1

Posted 09-29-2008 10:35
    Hi all,

I just add an ISG1000 in my new NSM2008 server with route-maps and access-lists to redistribute some routes from trust-vr and untrust-vr to an own-created vr and vice-versa.

The problem is that nsm whant to delete this part of configuration. When I run Summarize delte config (just after importing the device) here is what I see :

set vrouter vr-mpls
      set import-from vrouter trust-vr route-map "Import from TRUST_VR"  protocol static
      set export-to vrouter trust-vr route-map "Export to TRUST-VR"  protocol static
      set export-to vrouter untrust-vr route-map "Export to UNTRUST_VR"  protocol static
      exit
      set vrouter untrust-vr
      set import-from vrouter vr-mpls route-map "Import from MPLS_VR"  protocol static
      exit
      set vrouter trust-vr
      set import-from vrouter vr-mpls route-map "Import from MPLS_VR"  protocol static
      set export-to vrouter vr-mpls route-map "Export to MPLS_VR"  protocol static
      exit

There are other route-map for non-static routes or between trust-vr and untrust-vr and they are correctly managed by NSM.
    On route-maps between a personnal vr and another and only on static route cause this issue.

As anyone got this kind of problem ?

For information, this device was managed in NSM2007.3r3 without any issue before.

Thanks in advance,

Romain
    #NSM
    #ISG
    #route-map

• 2.  RE: Route-map not managed in NSM2008.1r1

Posted 10-05-2008 13:12

Hi,

It looks like you can configure route-maps in 2008, so it might be a problem with import. I know there has been some problems with importing parts of the configuration like MIPs. I sounds like it might be a bug so I would recommend opening a JTAC case with Juniper to look into it.

Regards

Andy

• 3.  RE: Route-map not managed in NSM2008.1r1

Posted 10-05-2008 14:15

Hi Andy,

I opened a JTAC case and I go into the issue.

I'm able to replicate with any device so it is not an import bug.

Currently, I think that NSM2008 has an issue when we configure more than 1 import or export rules in a virtual router.

Thanks,

Romain

• 4.  RE: Route-map not managed in NSM2008.1r1
    Best Answer

Posted 10-29-2008 07:45

Hi all,

Just to tell you that this bug has been corrected in 2008.1r2 (I test it in a pre-released patch)

Regards,

Romain